Quorn has grown in popularity recently as more people switch to a plant-based diet. While many copycat brands have emerged, Quorn is the original pioneer of plant-based meat alternatives. Their impressive range includes burgers, sausages, mince and pieces. But are they safe to reheat?
Generally, the best option is to use the microwave to reheat Quorn. You should reheat any Quorn products within 48 hours of initially cooking them.
How to Reheat Quorn
This post contains general advice about reheating Quorn, and it would be impossible to cover every single product within the range! As such, you should use your common sense when reheating your Quorn product of choice.
For instance, a delicious Quorn chilli could be quickly reheated on the stovetop, while Quorn sausages could be oven-baked for 5-10 minutes to bring them back to temperature.
Generally, and according to the Quorn website, almost every product can be reheated, providing you do so within 48 hours of its initial cooking.
And if you’re not sure about reheating a particular Quorn product, you could enjoy it cold.
How to Reheat Quorn in the Microwave
To give you an example, here’s how you would go about reheating Quorn mince, sausages, or chicken escallops in the microwave:
- Place in a Microwave-Safe Bowl
Add your Quorn to a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Make sure you pick a suitable container that allows you to space your Quorn out, so it’s not all bundled together.
If you have some microwave film at home, wrap your Quorn well with it. If not, a paper towel should do the trick.
On your microwave’s medium setting, reheat your Quorn in sixty-second intervals. Because Quorn doesn’t contain meat, you don’t have to worry too much about checking its exact temperature before eating it.
- Check for Soneness
While you don’t need to check your Quorn’s precise temperature, it should still be piping hot before you eat it.
- Serve and Enjoy
All that’s left to do is to serve your Quorn with any accompaniments and tuck in!
Yes, you can reheat Quorn lasagne either in the oven or the microwave. You just need to ensure it is piping hot in the centre of the lasagne.
Quorn cottage pie can be reheated. It is best to reheat it in the microwave. It will only take a matter of minutes to reheat, fortunately.
How to Reheat Quorn Successfully
Below are our top 4 tips for reheating Quorn. By following these tips, you’re going to improve your chances of success:
- Consider the Product – One of the best things about Quorn is they produce a huge range of goods suitable for vegetarians. You should consider the product you’re planning to reheat before diving in. The likes of mince, sausages, chicken-like escallops, and burgers can all be reheated without a problem.
- Check the Packaging – If you’re unsure whether it is possible to reheat a particular Quorn product, then check the box it came in. You can usually find instructions on the packaging regarding reheating Quorn, so follow the guidelines where appropriate.
- Enjoy Quorn Cold – If you’re unsure whether your Quorn leftovers will reheat well, you can always enjoy them cold. After all, Quorn isn’t meat, so you don’t need to be as careful with its temperature. Many Quorn products don’t need to be cooked in the first place, so they can certainly be enjoyed cold without needing to reheat.
- Use Within 48 Hours – All Quorn products should be used within 48 hours of being cooked the first time unless you’re freezing your leftovers. You should wrap your cooked Quorn well and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to reheat it in the microwave.
Is It Safe to Reheat Quorn?
It’s perfectly safe to reheat Quorn products. Whether you have mince, sausages, or chicken-like escallops, you can reheat Quorn that you haven’t yet got around to eating.
Quorn can be stored in the fridge for up to 48 hours after cooking it in the first place, so if you’re using it within this time frame, you shouldn’t have any issues reheating it.
Reheating Quorn FAQs
Do you still have questions about reheating Quorn? Then these FAQs might help you out:
Yes, you can get food poisoning from most products if they’re not stored properly. However, you will be fine if you don’t leave it out at room temperature and reheat it within 48 hours of cooking.
If you’ve got leftover Quorn that you won’t use up within 48 hours,, you can freeze it for up to 2 months. Quorn freezes well.
Yes, Quorn can be eaten cold the next day. Of course, some Quorn products are more suitable to being eaten cold the next day such as sausages.
Ross is a freelance writer with a passion for delicious food and drinks, having worked in the hospitality industry in the past. He began working with Let’s Foodie when it first launched to provide information on how to reheat, freeze and microwave different foods.